New Jersey Audubon is a privately supported, not-for profit, statewide membership organization. Founded in 1897, and one of the oldest independent Audubon societies.*
New Jersey Audubon fosters environmental awareness and a conservation ethic among New Jersey’s citizens; protects New Jersey’s birds, mammals, other animals, and plants, especially endangered and threatened species; and promotes preservation of New Jersey’s valuable natural habitats.
In order to achieve its purpose, New Jersey Audubon, through its Board of Directors, professional staff, members, and volunteers, endeavors to:
- Develop, encourage, and support sound conservation practices, programs, and legislation.
- Disseminate information on the natural environment through education programs, information services, and publications.
- Advance knowledge of New Jersey’s flora and fauna, and their relationships to the habitats on which they depend, through field research.
- Acquire, establish, and maintain wildlife sanctuaries and educational centers.
New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 sanctuaries and conducts its programs through seven staffed facilities.
The objectives of the Society are implemented by its professional staff under the leadership of its Executive Director and supervision of an elected, voluntary Board of Directors.
* New Jersey Audubon is an independent Audubon and is not a chapter of the National Audubon Society.
President and CEO
Vice President of Development and Communications
Vice President of Stewardship
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Vice President of Research and Monitoring
Vice President of Government Relations
Vice President of Education
Executive Assistant and Director of Human Resources
New Jersey Audubon Board of Directors
RANDY JONES, Board Chair
ALAN H. BERNSTEIN, Vice Chair
ASHLEY D. REY, Treasurer
JOHN M. BLOOMFIELD, Secretary
Joseph L. Basralian, Esq.
Charles M. Chapin, III
David H. Hall, PhD
Diane C. Louie, MD, MPH
Merideth S. Mueller, DMin
Geraldine A. Smith, Esq.
Elizabeth Wendy Wilkes
Philip H. Witt, PhD, ABPP
STEPHEN R. BUCKINGHAM, ESQ., Board Counsel