New Jersey Audubon field trips and programs adhere to CDC guidelines; leaders have the right to ask a participant to leave the program if someone is not adhering to these guidelines for the health and safety of all. Leaders and participants must wear face coverings* throughout the program and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Leaders may remove their face covering to be heard by the group while maintaining social distance. Please do not come to a program if you are sick, have a sick family member or have reason to believe you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. There will be no sharing of equipment including binoculars or spotting scopes.
*Face coverings do not include winter scarves or bandanas. Two-layer fabric or surgical-type masks are required.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PROGRAMS AND FIELD TRIPS
No walk-ins allowed
Quick Links to Individual Calendars
All NJ Audubon | All Things Birds | Cape May Bird Observatory | Lorrimer Nature Sanctuary | Nature Center of Cape May | Plainsboro Preserve | Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary | Young Birders Club | Urban Oasis
- This event has passed.
Creative Hands Club: Spring Wreath Making
May 5 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
May 5th, 2021
2:00pm to 4:00pm
Using natural materials we will assemble and create a wreath fit for a Queen! Just in time to gift for Mothers Day or to adorn your own front door for weeks to come. The grapevine wreath can be decorated with a variety of natural materials we will provide and any extra personal items you may want to bring. Ready to hang and brighten up your door.
- At the Nature Center of Cape May, 1600 Delaware Avenue, Cape May, NJ.
- May 5th, 2021
- 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Non-member: $25
- Member: $15
- Interested in becoming a member? Please click on the following link to learn more or join: Become a Member Today!
WHO CAN JOIN?:
- This is an adult program
FOR OUR SAFETY & YOURS:
As we navigate through the era of COVID-19, New Jersey Audubon has adopted new ways of running our outdoor programs, and we just wanted to give you some quick reminders before we get started.
First, as you are now aware, pre-registration is required for all NJ Audubon programs (effective July 1st). Normally, we love drop-ins for our programs, but having pre-registration allows us to manage the number of participants – this is especially important for everyone’s health and safety. Smaller groups also provide a more intimate nature experience. At this time, there are no exceptions to the pre-registration rule.
Second, please read our field trip and program protocols:
1. Our field trips and programs adhere to CDC guidelines, and leaders have the right to ask a participant to leave the program if someone is not adhering to these guidelines for the health and safety of all.
2. Leaders and participants must wear face coverings throughout the program and maintain social distancing (at least 6’ of separation).
3. Leaders may remove their face covering in order to be heard by the group but must maintain social distance if doing so.
4. If you are sick, or have a family member sick with COVID-like symptoms, you may not attend public programs.
5. There will be no sharing of equipment including binoculars or spotting scopes.
6. If you need mask relief during the program, feel free to step away from the group to take a break.
7. People coming from other states should follow New Jersey’s Travel Advisories for COVID -19 before attending a New Jersey Audubon program including 14-day self-quarantine. For a list of states go to https://covid19.nj.gov.
CANCELLATION POLICY: NJ Audubon’s programs require a minimum number of registrants to run. If we cancel, due to lack of participation, severe weather, or unforeseen circumstances, all participants will be notified as soon as possible and are eligible for a full refund. Participants may cancel without penalty if greater than 48 hours in advance. Sorry, no refund for cancellations less than 48 hours in advance unless due to health emergencies; however registrations can be transferred to another program in the future.