Create a team and start raising money bird conservation today
Raised So Far
On May 9th Emma will be competing in NJ Audubon’s World Series of Birding to help raise awareness and money for bird conservation. Check out her team below.
NJ Audubon’s World Series of Birding®
Participants’ health and safety is New Jersey Audubon’s highest priority. World Series of Birding (WSB) – Special Edition 2020 is designed for people to be outside, enjoy birds, and raise money for conservation. New Jersey Audubon is disallowing people to congregate in a traditional team manner in order to participate.
All WSB participants are required to follow all federal, state and local COVID-19 orders and guidelines to the letter. It is incumbent upon participants to monitor the status of these orders up to and during the World Series of Birding. If your state and local restrictions are more stringent than those of the WSB, they supersede the WSB rules.
In keeping with both the letter and the spirit of the federal, state and local restrictions that have been put into place to halt the spread of COVID-19, New Jersey Audubon requires strict adherence to the following rules:
- WSB participants must focus on their home “patch,” ie. window views, yards, neighborhoods, or outdoor public spaces such as parks (if permitted) within 10 miles of their homes.
- WSB participants in New Jersey must abide by curfews and may not meet with individuals other than immediate family or co-habitants, especially at parks (if permitted) as required by NJ Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders. See link below.
- If going to a local park or other outdoor space, WSB participants must comply with the strict physical distancing guidelines set forth by the National Recreation and Parks Association and other relevant federal, state and local restrictions and guidelines. See link below.
- Exploration in the name of the World Series of Birding should not include the need to visit establishments or indoor spaces other than your home.
- World Series of Birding participants may not share optics, equipment or books, ride in the same vehicle except with family members or co-habitants.
These rules, terms and conditions highlight appropriate actions that directly apply to the World Series of Birding. They are subject to change up to and including during the date of the event to comply with federal, state and/or local restrictions and quickly evolving best practices. They were drawn from the following sources, whose contents in their entirety also apply to the WSB rules. Failure to comply with any and all WSB rules will result in immediate disqualification.
Again, these rules are being adopted to ensure health and safety is the top priority as we have fun, connect with one another (virtually) and fundraise for crucial conservation work throughout the Atlantic Flyway.
Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control Guidelines HERE
Teams To Watch
New Jersey Audubon’s World Series of Birding may only be a game, but the stakes are very high. When you donate, you are helping to conserve habitat, advocate for wildlife protection, and educate the next generation about the importance of safeguarding the birds that fill our skies.
The World Series of Birding is an event where you can bird while raising money for bird conservation. It is an avian ‘Win Win’.