New Jersey Audubon is committed to connecting all people with nature and stewarding the nature of today for all people of tomorrow.
We will build and integrate our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice into our vision and mission, as well as our conservation priorities and organizational structure.
By celebrating New Jersey’s diversity as a strength and affirming everyone has a right to enjoy and conserve nature we are able to carry out our work with mindfulness and inclusivity. Through reaching out beyond our centers to connect all people with nature where they live, work, and play, we endeavor to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity and nature by all whose lives we touch.
New Jersey Audubon is a privately supported, not-for profit, statewide membership organization. Founded in 1897, and one of the oldest independent Audubon societies.*
In order to achieve its purpose, New Jersey Audubon, through its Board of Directors, professional staff, members, and volunteers, endeavors to:
- Develop, encourage, and support sound conservation practices, programs, and legislation.
- Disseminate information on the natural environment through education programs, information services, and publications.
- Advance knowledge of New Jersey’s flora and fauna, and their relationships to the habitats on which they depend, through field research.
- Acquire, establish, and maintain wildlife sanctuaries and educational centers.
New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 sanctuaries and conducts its programs through seven staffed facilities.
The objectives of the Society are implemented by its professional staff under the leadership of its Executive Director and supervision of an elected, voluntary Board of Directors.
* New Jersey Audubon is an independent Audubon and is not a chapter of the National Audubon Society.
President and CEO
Vice President of Development and Communications
Vice President of Stewardship
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Vice President of Research and Monitoring
Vice President of Government Relations
Vice President of Education
Executive Assistant and Director of Human Resources
New Jersey Audubon Board of Directors
ASHLEY D. REY, Board Chair
ALAN H. BERNSTEIN, Vice Chair
DANA POGORZELSKI, Treasurer
RICHARD KAUFFELD, Secretary
Joseph L. Basralian, Esq.
Charles M. Chapin, III
David H. Hall, PhD
Gordon L. Keen, Jr.
Diane C. Louie, MD, MPH
Merideth S. Mueller, DMin
Geraldine A. Smith, Esq.
Elizabeth Wendy Wilkes
Philip H. Witt, PhD, ABPP
STEPHEN R. BUCKINGHAM, ESQ., Board Counsel