In our expanding efforts to educate schools for sustainability and conservation, NJ Audubon is pleased to support the U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools Program in New Jersey. The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools (ED-GRS) recognizes public and private K-12 schools, districts and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) that:
- Reduce environmental impact and costs;
- Improve the health and wellness of schools, students, and staff;
- Provide environmental education, which teaches many disciplines, and is especially good at effectively incorporating STEM, civic skills, and green career pathways …MORE
The New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE), New Jersey Audubon (NJA), New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA), and the New Jersey Association of School Administrators (NJASA), are the primary leadership organizations in the state that are implementing the Green Ribbon Schools (GRS) program. Their combined efforts, along with many other affiliate groups, actively promote the GRS recognition program to all schools in state. The core committee also acts as the Nomination Committee to identify up to five schools that the NJDOE will nominate to the US Education Department to receive a GRS award.
1) To apply, download and complete a K-12 school application. For a district application, please contact Allison Mulch at 609-400-3817
2) Email a Letter of Intent to participate in the NJ GRS program to [email protected] by November 15, 2020.
3) Send completed applications to [email protected] by December 18, 2020.