New Jersey Audubon field trips and programs adhere to CDC guidelines; leaders have the right to ask a participant to leave the program if someone is not adhering to these guidelines for the health and safety of all. Leaders and participants must wear face coverings* throughout the program and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Leaders may remove their face covering to be heard by the group while maintaining social distance. Please do not come to a program if you are sick, have a sick family member or have reason to believe you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. There will be no sharing of equipment including binoculars or spotting scopes.
*Face coverings do not include winter scarves or bandanas. Two-layer fabric or surgical-type masks are required.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PROGRAMS AND FIELD TRIPS
No walk-ins allowed
Quick Links to Individual Calendars
All NJ Audubon | All Things Birds | Cape May Bird Observatory | Lorrimer Nature Sanctuary | Nature Center of Cape May | Plainsboro Preserve | Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary | Young Birders Club | Urban Oasis
- This event has passed.
Holiday Wreath, Garland, and Table Decor Workshops
December 3, 2020 @ 10:00 am - December 13, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
DETAILS: Using fresh evergreens, create a handcrafted wreath, garland, or table decoration of distinction that will rival those gracing the pages of expensive speciality catalogs. The process is easy to learn, and even beginners leave with impressive creations. Greenery and wire are provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own pruning shears and gloves. Also, please dress warmly as these classes may have to be held outdoors on picnic tables. **Masks will be required to be worn during the entire session.** Pre-registration is a must. If you have a large group, you can arrange for a private event! Sessions are limited to 10 participants.
NOTE: We will need plenty of fresh evergreens for these workshops. If anyone has evergreens from their yard to donate, please call the Nature Center of Cape May at 609.427.3045 to arrange for delivery or pick up. Thank you!
- At the Nature Center of Cape May, 1600 Delaware Avenue.
- Classes are being held starting Thursday, December 3rd to Sunday, December 6th. We will conduct more classes the following weekend if we have more participants interested.
- $32 Non-members; $25 NJA members
- Interested in becoming a member? Please click on the following link to learn more or join: Become a Member Today!
WHO CAN JOIN?:
- This program is for adults only.
- Please bring gloves, a mask, pruning shears, and wear warm clothes.
FOR OUR SAFETY & YOUR’S: As we navigate through the era of COVID-19, New Jersey Audubon has adopted new ways of running our outdoor programs, and we just wanted to give you some quick reminders before we get started.
First, as you are now aware, pre-registration is required for all NJ Audubon programs (effective July 1st). Normally, we love drop-ins for our programs, but having pre-registration allows us to manage the number of participants – this is especially important for everyone’s health and safety. Smaller groups also provide a more intimate nature experience. At this time, there are no exceptions to the pre-registration rule.
Second, everyone should have read and agreed to our field trip and program protocols when you registered, but I/we would like to just reiterate the following:
1. Our field trips and programs adhere to CDC guidelines, and leaders have the right to ask a participant to leave the program if someone is not adhering to these guidelines for the health and safety of all.
2. Leaders and participants must wear face coverings throughout the program and maintain social distancing (at least 6’ of separation).
3. Leaders may remove their face covering in order to be heard by the group but must maintain social distance if doing so.
4. If you are sick, or have a family member sick with COVID-like symptoms, you may not attend public programs.
5. There will be no sharing of equipment including binoculars or spotting scopes.
6. If you need mask relief during the program, feel free to step away from the group to take a break.
7. People coming from other states should follow New Jersey’s Travel Advisories for COVID -19 before attending a New Jersey Audubon program including 14-day self-quarantine. For a list of states go to https://covid19.nj.gov.
CANCELLATION POLICY: NJ Audubon’s programs require a minimum number of registrants to run. If we cancel, due to lack of participation, severe weather, or unforeseen circumstances, all participants will be notified as soon as possible and are eligible for a full refund. Participants may cancel without penalty if greater than 48 hours in advance. Sorry, no refund for cancellations less than 48 hours in advance unless due to health emergencies; however registrations can be transferred to another program in the future.